Imagine your perfect writer's conference....
- On Friday you're excited, nervous and shy. You can't believe you're really here with all these writers. Surely they are all much better and more professional than you?
- During Saturday's sessions you start introducing yourself to others, and find out they're just like you, By noon you've found someone to sit with...and a bigger group for dinner.
- By Sunday morning you've made lifelong friends and can't believe you're going to have to leave this little writerly bubble soon...but you're excited to try out all you've learned, if only you can remember everything!
Now imagine if you could stay at that conference with your new favorite people,
- all year long
- from the comfort of your own home
- with the time and space to implement everything you're learning, as you go along.
You + Superstars = an amazing writing year
Whether you are still dreaming of writing, or have begun to write from time to time, in Superstars you'll meet other writers just like you.
Or maybe you've made writing part of your life, but need a place where you can regularly focus on improving your skills.
Or perhaps you're like some of our Superstars who are writing and publishing regularly and are now working on systems to make all the other parts of writing-and-having-an-audience run smoothly.
Whatever your stage, Superstars can help you build the skills and confidence you need, in the company of others who know what you're gong through and won't let you hide from your dreams.JOIN WAITLIST
Your FREEDOM to FOCUS on writing
Focus On Writing
It all starts with the writing. StoryADay's vast archive of writing prompts combines with the Superstars writing sprints, accountability check-ins and live writing workshops, to give you the nudge you need to build writing into your life...so you can bypass the angst and get into the flow, faster.
Build Your Confidence
Create the habits of a regular writer and build the mindset by meeting with other writers, and learn to adopt the identity of 'writer', every day. Share habits, systems, motivation and more in our community so you can stay on the path, year-round, not just when you're inspired, while always having a welcoming 'clubhouse' filled with people who care about your success.
Master the Craft Skills You Need
Access live & recorded masterclasses with guest experts, workshops that focus on specific skills, and live classes. Find the right tool at the right time, to keep improving as a writer, so that you can build a regular, fulfilling writing practice and work your way towards your writing goals.
When You Are Writing....
- It is a relief to pour out your thoughts and ideas onto paper, where you can sort and understand them. It's much cheaper than therapy.
- It is satisfying to use your talent to wrangle words into a pleasing order --- it makes you happy.
- Writing is your legacy --- using squiggles on a page to connect with the hearts of friends, strangers, people yet to be born, is true magic.
A Note From Julie Duffy...
I started the StoryADay May challenge out of frustration...I wanted to be writing but couldn't make myself do it, alone.
Over the years, I've seen writers make a great start on new projects -- the challenge, a novel, a memoir -- only to get derailed by other people's needs, their own doubts, and lack of skills that they mistake for a lack of ability.
But I've also seen people blossom, grow beyond their own expectations, and fully embrace the identity and practice of 'writer'.
Having a community to support them.
I built the StoryADay Superstars to support writers like you..and like me. I hope you'll consider joining us and finally getting the hang of this writing thing, once and for all.
- Have more energy for the other parts of your life
- Rediscover the childlike quality of wonder you've been missing
- Find everything else in your life a little easier easier, somehow
- Problem-solve and make decisions like champ
- Make cool connections, faster
- Are curious, generous, empathetic, and engaging
- Connnect to the whole of humanity (without having to make eye contact with any of them!)
- Become who you want to be..who you truly are
What's in Superstars?
(Learn, Implement, Support, Trust)
L - Improve Your Craft
Pinpoint areas of the craft or writing life you want to improve, through skill-building workshops and expert masterclasses. Use the live and recorded resources so you are never frustrated or unsure, again.
I - Focused Time To Write
Regular writing sprints on Zoom in the company of other writers who'll keep you accountable...and celebrate with you in the breaks.
S - A Committed Group of Writers
Monthly meetings with the community to strategize or bounce ideas around, so you can be more productive and more creative. Make writing friends who won't let you quit.
T - Private online community
Our private Slack workspace is always with you, on your computer or on your phone, and with community members around the globe, there's always someone to share advice or resources, around the clock.JOIN WAITLIST
Is Superstars right
Perfect if you're:
- Willing to share resources
- Have a sense of humor
- Long to make writing a priority
- Tired of putting it off
Not for you if:
- Competitive rather than collegial
- In a rush to be famous
- Unwilling to write regularly
- Unable to accept support
- Looking for external validation, not the satisfaction that comes from doing the wor
Everything Included in Superstars
12 months Superstars membership
StoryADay Challenge+ Content
Exclusive "STAGES" Workshop
"Priority Seating" for Critique Week
Exclusive access to expert advice
But Wait, There's More...
(of course I have some bonuses for you if you sign up in April 2021)
1:1 Coaching Calls
Disounts on other StoryADay Programs & Courses
Writers Just Like You
I'd had some stories published, but I felt really on my own in the writing life.
Now I have a community who understands my writing and my goals. I have a place to celebrate wins and to sympathize with the confusion and frustration of trying to create the writing life I want.
I was stuck in the morass of guilt and self-doubt because I was not able to finish longer pieces of fiction writing. Now I finish most pieces!
Writing a story a day has been very good practice to develop a positive orientation to writing endeavors, not to mention that it has led me to meet new people, be part of a community and find my writing feet again.
Anita G. Gorman
I was already writing and getting published.
I decided to try the Superstars to see if I could remain motivated and productive during the other ten months of the year!
I am more motivated to write and send out stories. I recently submitted a short-story collection--finally! I am also more motivated to revise novels that I have written. I also now have a website.
Joining Superstars five months ago changed my writing life. I wake up in the morning excited. Not only am I writing more, I am writing with mindfulness and new skills I've learned at Superstars. Now I proudly tell people I am a WRITER.
BONUS: Superstars Event
Just announced: a one-day event this summer to get you where you want to go. We'll be making a concrete plan for your next 3-6 months of writing. No fluff! And you get to bring a friend!JOIN WAITLIST
Spend a year with us
Join The Ultimate Writer's
Join the waitlist
I open registration in April and August. Add your name so I can tell you when the doors open.
I will not share your information. Unsubscribe at any time.
C. H. Schoen
Before I found StoryADay I was not confident in what I was writing and I was not consistent.
It has been absolutely amazing to be part of the Superstars group and to have fellow writers at all different levels to talk to.
It has truly changed my life.
My writing life is more intentional now. I’ve begun to focus less on the faults in my writing and more on the purpose of my prose.
This has helped me jump from dreaming to writing with a plan.
Right now, there’s a lot of external forces that can dampen creativity. Joining Superstars is an engaging way to find motivation and camaraderie with fellow writers. I’ve been working mostly on flash fiction and blogging this summer, so you don’t need to be writing the next American novel to benefit from signing up.