It can be hard to find a great critique group, but it usually works out well when
- You trust the organizer
- The group has clear goals and a clear timeline
- Everyone is writing the same thing (in this case: short stories)
- The group has a clear code of conduct and an active leader.
- The class opens for early-birds today, October 19
- All stories will be uploaded by Sunday, October 21
- All critiques are due by noon, Tuesday, October 30
- Group video hangout & discussion,8pm (EST) Wednesday Oct 30
- Class ends midnight, Friday
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- You will have the opportunity to have your story (up to 3,000 words) critiqued by me and your peers in the class
- You will critique at least three other stories, learning more about writing through that exercise
- Private discussions within the group
- Access to the private Oct 18 Critique group Slack channel
- Comments directly on your work in a Google Docs environment (don’t worry, I’ll provide instructions)
You get access to the Critiquing and Revision Mini Course including these lessons:
- Learn To Love Revisions
- What It’s Really Like To Be In A Critique Group
- How To Give Good Feedback
- How To Receive Feedback (Without Throwing Up Or Giving Up)
- The StoryADay Critique Group Code of Conduct
- Critique Questions Checklist
PLUS you’ll have first access to the 30 minute video Revisions Workshop.
Because this is a small group, you must commit to
- meeting all your deadlines:
- uploading your story by Sunday Oct 21
- critiquing other people’s stories by Oct 30
- joining in the discussions
If you’re ready to make your story the best it can be, sign up now!